13 November 2013

Disney Eats | Mickey Mouse Macaroons

My husband awhile ago sent me a sneak peek of something he thought I'd like --- which he was right lol but I didn't get a chance to purchase and try these guys until we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party a few days ago and they're the Mickey Mouse Macaroons!


So I'm going to be honest, the spelling really annoyed me. You say Macaroon and I think it's going to be a flaky coconut thing even though it doesn't look like it.

But it's not.


They come in three different colors but they're all the same flavor --- an almond base. The filling wasn't anything special, it was just butter cream frosting tinted red. The outside shells were a rather nice consistency. You know with most Macarons they can either be too moist or too dry and crack? These were just in the middle. I kinda really liked the powered sugar dusted on this one, it gave it a nice addition to texture!


I don't know if these will be an all year thing or just a holiday thing. But I do hope they stay all year! For $2.50 it's a good size Macaron even if the filling does leave a little bit more to be desired. 

So far the only places I've seen these are The Confectionery on Main Street in Magic Kingdom and Writers Stop in Hollywood Studios. I haven't been to EPCOT since they started rolling out the holiday stuff but it's still doubtful these would be there.

I have a Disney food blog but I decide to update it then decide against it --- only because I don't go to the parks as much as I use to so I don't really see the point if I don't have much content. But if you'd like to see more Disney World food or just Disney World in general posts here, let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye